The Woodland Wonders FIELD Kit will be an adventure through a forest. Students will discover trees and the plants below them through these engaging, inquiry-based learning, hands-on experiences of stations and activities.
There are two Woodland Wonder kits to be rented out. Each kit will include the following introduction topics and activities, as well as, one of the following Woodland Wonders I stations or Woodland Wonders II stations. If you have a preference please indicate when inquiring about a booking.
A lesson plan - including topics on:
- What is a plant?
- Plant kingdom classification
- Nonvascular or vascular plant
- Part of a tree activity
- Indoor and outdoor optional activities
Woodland Wonders I Stations:
- Tree and their uses
- Nutrient Cycle
- Pollination & Reproduction
- Characteristics of trees
- Leaves and photosynthesis
Woodland Wonders II Stations:
- Forest threats
- Plant adaptations
- People and plants
- Tree Layers
- What do the rings say?
Pictures to come shortly.
Woodland Wonders kit includes:
- The rental is for your school, as many teachers at your school may use this kit within the rented week(s) time.
- A lesson plan
- Biofacts (real and replicated plant pieces)
- Native Plant Stories by Joseph Bruchac III
- Indigenous uses of plants for medicinal purposes.
- Additionally, it aligns with First Peoples Principals of Learning.
Cost to rent:
The rental cost for one week is $175
Refundable deposit $200
Shipping $125+ (depending on your location)
Pick up and drop off option available for free